Join a Music Group

"I used to attend the ensembles put on by @stokecms. It’s a free evening activity, with fantastic teachers always keen to help and improve youngsters’ standards. For anyone who plays a musical instrument in Stoke-on-Trent I totally recommend it!"

Heather Blurton (Councillor)

Make Music Together

City Music Service organises and hosts many chances for musicians to meet, play and learn.

If you sing, play an instrument at school, have taught yourself to play, or just love making music, no matter what level you are there will be a group for you.

There are a range of exciting evening activities to participate in including choirs, string orchestras, wind bands, brass bands, recorder, percussion and folk ensembles as well as theory lessons.

All of the activities are free of charge.

Join one of our ensembles and you will:

  • Make more progress by learning to perform with pupils of a similar ability
  • Enjoy the benefit of working with highly skilled teachers from the City Music Service team
  • Enjoy playing and singing in a positive environment
  • Develop musical skills
  • Enjoy meeting and socialising with other young musicians
  • Gain confidence and raise self-esteem
  • Progress through the groups at an appropriate pace
  • Perform in concerts and other events


All activities take place at the Bridge Centre and are FREE to attend.

Download the Ensemble Flyer to view a larger map

Download our Ensemble Flyer to get full details of what ensembles run when.

Other Ensembles

City Music Service runs a range of other ensembles in schools across the city.

City Songbirds is for children in Years 1-3.  More information on this can be found here.  Please speak to your child’s school to find out whether they have a City Songbirds group running.

Other opportunities include City Voices – Choirs for Key Stage 2 pupils, orchestras, guitar and ukulele clubs and more. Please speak to your child’s school to find out what is available.


To join City Music Service ensembles, members and/or their parents/carers are required to complete the relevant medical and photo & film consent forms.

These are available for download below.


Medical Forms

Other Forms